Last Updated: May 2004
This website was developed under a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Environmental Agency and is managed by the Ad Council. We take your privacy very seriously. We do not, sell, share or rent any personally identifying information about you.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
As you browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we may gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We may automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the NoAttacks.org site from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our web site. If you choose to provide us with additional information about yourself through an e-mail message, form, survey, etc., we will only maintain the information as long as needed to respond to your question or to fulfill the stated purpose of the communication
Information you provide
Noattacks.org collects personal information when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter. If you opt-in, your e-mail address will be used to send you our newsletter. You may subscribe or unsubscribe from our e-mail communications at any time. We will not rent, sell, or trade your e-mail information to others.
If you have provided us with your contact information and do not want NoAttacks.org to retain this information, you can notify us at any time by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org we will remove this information from our email list.
You should be aware that when you are on the NoAttacks.org website, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control due to links that lead you outside of the NoAttacks.org website. These other sites may collect data or solicit personal information.
Notification of Changes
Studies show that an estimated 70% of smoke from chimneys can actually reenter your home and your neighbor’s home. If you’re using a wood stove or fireplace and smell smoke in your home, it probably isn’t working as it should. Contact a certified chimney sweep for help. www.epa.gov/burnwise